Every Android developer needs the best tools to improve their skills and efficiency. We hope these 11 Android development tools can help you become a good developer.
According to Statista survey data, the number of apps available on major app stores as of Q3 2018 is as follows: There are 2.8 million in the Google Play Store. There are 2.2 million in the Apple App Store. There are 6.9 million in the Windows Store. Amazon has 600,000. There is also 234,500 in the BlackBerry App Store.
As the official Google App Store, Google Play has the largest share of the app market, with an average of 6,140 Android apps published daily. This is not surprising given that Android will account for 85% of the global market share in 2018.
As of July 2018, the world’s best-selling Android apps include popular gaming apps like Pokemon Go and Candy Crush Saga.
According to the latest statistics, there are 12 million mobile application developers worldwide, which is more than half of the global developer community. Almost half of them focus on Google Android. By 2020, the total number of developers is expected to reach 14 million.
Being an Android developer is arguably one of the most popular jobs in the world. To become an Android developer, you need to learn the basics of Android development (Java infrastructure, Android components, Android network programming, Git / Svn version control software, databases, XML, etc.).
To do this, you need to get the most out of Android developer tools. In fact, learning how to use these tools is an important first step in your Android development journey.
This article collected 11 of the best Android developer tools to point you in the right direction.
1. Android Studio
Android Studio is the official Android IDE and it contains everything you need to create an Android app. Completely designed for Android, it helps speed up the development process and create high-quality apps for all devices. Also known as Google’s official Android development environment. It contains countless features like visual layout, APK analyzer, smart code editor, fast simulation, flexible building system, real-time analyzer and more.
The latest and most stable version, Android Studio 3.2, is the best way for app developers to get the latest version of Android 9 Pie and create new Android app packages.
Download: https: //developer.android.com/studio/
2. Android SDK
The Android SDK is an Android development kit. It contains a complete set of development and debugging tools.
The Android SDK consists of modular packages that can be downloaded individually using the Android SDK Manager. The current version is 26.1.1 and the toolkit includes:
- SDK Tools
- SDK platform tools
- SDK documentation
- Android SDK Resource
- SDK example
- Google API
- Android support
3. Android Debug Bridge
- Developing Android applications using a simpler programming language (BASIC)
- A visual editor to manipulate the presentation as you like
- Wireless correction
- In short, B4A provides an IDE and a convenient compiler that allows you to write applications in simpler programming languages.
5. The fabric
6. Mock Plus
- Become a professional app developer by following our interactive coding lessons
- Visually design coding applications with a feature-rich editor, including code completion, real-time error checking, refactoring, and smart code navigation.
- Launch your application with one click and use the Java Debugger to find the error
- AIDE supports building applications using Java / XML and the Android SDK, building applications using C / C ++ and the Android NDK, and pure Java console applications.
- AIDE is fully compatible with Eclipse projects.
- If you are just starting your career in app development, you will need to know how to use AIDE. You can use the token to view, learn and test tutorials in real time on your mobile device.
- Network check
- Database checking
- View hierarchy